Dear Valued Hiddenbrook Dental Patient,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming some semblance of normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same; our commitment to the safety of our patients and staff.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and we are continuing to monitor and implement the latest recommendations from the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care it’s as safe as possible. As we reopen for routine dental care, we would like to make you aware of some changes we have implemented. We realize that some of these changes may pose an inconvenience but please know that our intention is to comply with recommendations in order to remain open for treatment while safely caring for our diverse patient population and staff.
Changes to check-in and check out procedures:
- Your confirmation call will now include ADA recommended screening questions. If the answer to any of these questions is “yes” we may postpone your dental treatment until the appropriate waiting period has passed. If we miss you and leave a message please call our office back to confirm your appointment.
- We are asking patients to wear masks to their appointment.
- We are asking patients not to bring guests to their appointment, and allow minors to be taken back for treatment unaccompanied.
- We are staggering our hygiene appointments to minimize the number of people checking in at one time.
- We are asking patients to call us when they arrive for their appointment, 360-823-0427, and then continue to wait in their vehicle until they receive a call from reception to come into the clinic.
- Upon entering the clinic we will ask patients to use hand sanitizer and have their temperature taken using a “no-touch” forehead scanner.
- Screening questions will again be asked and a consent obtained recognizing the inherent risk of treatment in a medical clinic. If the answer to any of the screening questions is yes, Dr. Sparrow would like the opportunity to talk with you prior to treatment.
- Patients will be asked to rinse with a hydrogen peroxide solution for 1 minute prior to treatment.
- Upon dismissal from treatment patients will be asked to wait in a designated area before being dismissed by one of our front office staff.
- We will ask patients who develop symptoms consistent with Covid-19 within 14 days of their appointment to contact our office to let us know.
Additionally, you will see the following changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help further protect our patients and staff.
- We have upgraded our personal protective equipment for our staff.
- We have added additional protective barriers in both the front and back office.
- We are enhancing our disinfection procedures.
- Staff will take their temperatures and answer screening questions before and after each workday.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- The number of chairs in the waiting room will be decreased to aid in social distancing.
Your time is valuable and please know that we will do our best to efficiently provide you with high-quality dental care. However, as we implement these new procedures there may be longer than normal waiting times. We ask that you please be patient with us.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. For any questions, or to make an appointment please call our office at 360-823-0427.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Michael Sparrow and your Hiddenbrook Team